Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Here

For those of you who haven't heard yet... I made it!!!

Sorry it's taken a couple of days for me to post this, but my apartment does not yet have internet, so I needed to write this from the church, and this is the first chance I've had. I'm working on getting internet in my apartment. (And if you've tried to call me in the past couple days on my new number and I haven't answered, that's also due to me not having internet in my apartment yet.)

I arrived in Hong Kong on Monday night, met Nathan (the pastor) and a family from my church at the airport, then got to go and see my apartment. When we arrived at the apartment, about 10 of the youth from the church were there to meet me, so I got to hang out with them for a couple of hours before unpacking.

Yesterday I went to immigration to hand in the application for my employment visa, then I got to come and see the church. The church is on the 7th floor of a tower in Aberdeen, which is on the southwest side of Hong Kong Island. I got to meet Nathan's family at lunch, when we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen (which I have never eaten at in the states...). I got to meet the deacons yesterday, and kind of started learning my way around Hong Kong (I made the bus ride across town to work today all by myself. I feel like such a big boy.)

I am having fun transitioning to living over here. My apartment is great and it's in a great location. I will post pictures as soon as I can. And yes, mom, I do have a Starbucks RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from it. Be very jealous.

I think that's enough of an update for now, I'll do another one soon.

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Are you there working at a church or...? Good for you, that's awesome! I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are going to be blogging while you're there. Stay safe (duh) and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're settling in so quickly. I would imagine finding your way around Hong Kong would be challenging. If you can manage Boston, you can manage Hong Kong! So what books did you bring with you? I'd be interested in knowing what works you chose to have with you for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...so if I am to be jealous, it would be of Starbucks because they might get to see you occasionally! Seriously though I'm glad you are figuring things out there. I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eric,

    We are so glad to hear you made it safe and sound:) I have been praying for you as you adjust to your new life,culture etc. I know God will use you and you will be blessed and changed by your experience.

    We love you,

    Robin( for us all)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eric... How about an update? Inquiring minds seek to know...

    ReplyDelete