Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's Back


On my recent trip home, I had a realization—the things that I often take for granted about living in Hong Kong are the things that everyone wants to know about. Boring stuff like what I eat, what I do for fun with friends, how I travel around town, and even the size of my apartment was the source of constant questioning during my time in the States. I realized that stuff I have long stopped viewing as new and exciting (since it has been a part of my everyday life for the past 2 years) is still just as new and exciting to the people back home as it was the day I moved away.

Another thing I heard repeatedly when I was home was questioning about why I stopped writing the blog. I guess there wasn’t one single reason I stopped, more a combination of a bunch of reasons which eventually led to me stopping. Regardless, I have realized that my blog is an important tool for the people I love and care about back home to stay connected to me and know what’s going on in my life, so it’s back. I will try to write a post every week, although I will probably miss some weeks, but hopefully this will once again be an effective way for the people who care about me to stay updated on what I’m doing and thinking on the other side of the world.

Until next week…

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment