Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday's Thought

Well, for those of you who haven’t heard yet, I am preaching at my church this Sunday. As of about midnight Saturday Eastern Time, the podcast should be available at ibc.org.hk (you will have to click the “podcast” button on the right side of the screen) if you would like to hear the sermon.

Due to the fact that I will be preaching this week, this Thursday’s Thought has to do with preaching. It is a direct quote from the book Power Through Prayer by E.M. Bounds, a book which I read last semester. When I was reading the book, this quote stuck out to me so much that I wrote it down on a post-it note and stuck it to the side of my computer screen in the office, which is where it is still located. Bounds said, “A prepared heart is better than a prepared sermon. A prepared heart will make a prepared sermon.” My prayer for this week: a prepared heart.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting you should mention E.M. Bounds. I'm currently considering one of his books on prayer as our Summer Classic Book Club selection. Have you read any of his other works? If so, which one made the greatest impact on you? [I'm really tempted to choose Carson's book on Paul's prayers...though technically it's not a "classic" yet...but I'm sure it WILL become a classic! :)]

    ReplyDelete